This is a Position of Trust and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check is required.
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager of Emergency and Surgical Services, the Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency is a member of a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for assessing patient health status and responding to actual and potential health programs including emergent and critical situations on an ongoing basis.
The casual employee will work side by side with full time staff performing the full scope of duties as an RR, Emergency. Casual ER nurses will also be entitled Nursing Station Allowance, Uniform Allowance and Continuous Service Allowance. Travel and accommodations are provided through the Department of Health.
The ideal casual employee;
- Would possess a Bachelor of Nursing or diploma in Nursing
- Would have 1-year experience in Emergency Nursing
- Would have current BCLS
- Would be eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses of Northwest Territories and Nunavut (RNANT/NU)
- Would be available to work contracts of at least 4 weeks
- Would adapt clinical practice to the cultural needs of the community
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.