We require a public health nurse to fill positions in various communities across Nunavut. The incumbent of this position provides public health services to individuals and groups in the community in accordance with the public health program standards set by the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH). Primary focus is on maternal/child health, school health, communicable disease and immunization programs. The Public Health Nurse also serves as a resource for individuals and groups within the community, providing a public health perspective to community initiated health promotion strategies.
- Bachelor of Nursing from a Canadian University OR an approved equivalent
- Eligibility for Registration with RNANT/Nunavut
- CPR is required
- Two years public health nursing experience is required
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Experience in remote and isolated communities is an asset
- PHAC Skills online courses are an asset
- CHNC certification is an asset
The candidate will also have knowledge of current trends in health promotion/disease prevention practices and programs and core competencies for public health in Canada.
For full-time, permanent nurses, recruitment bonuses include: $5,000 on start date, $5,000 at 18 months of service and $10,000 at 30 months of service. Additional premiums include a $9,000 Annual Frontline Allowance and a $375 Monthly Retention Bonus totalling $4,500 per year.